Sunday 8 April 2012

At last something to post

Good evening and I hope you've had a lovely Easter. At last I have
a card to post ,and I've tried something new . On Wednesday I finally
gave in to temptation and purchased my first Saturated Canary image 
and by Thursday I had to go back and get more lol. I am totally addicted
to these adorable images by Krista Smith and what a delight they are to colour.
Anyway enough of my waffling and on to my card , I have used Honey I think she's
my favourite ( but it's so hard to choose)

                         

                                                            Close up of Honey

I finally opened the crate papers I have had since I started crafting
a few years ago. These papers have always been kept for special and I think 
Honey was special enough to open this paper pack lol.
To colour her I used copics but I tried several RV shades but couldn't
quite get the colour of her skirt to my liking so out came the flex markers 
and then the promarkers ,and eventually after a few coats of different pens and 
colours I finally was happy with the colour.  The hearts are spellbinders,the rose
is also a spellbinders die (Rose creations), I think this might be my new favourite
die (for the moment anyway).Even the sewing machine came out for this card.
Hopefully I will be back soon with more of these images.
Thanks for looking and taking the time to stop by my blog
Emma xx

6 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Emma,love the image.xxx

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is stunning i adore these images and you ave coloured it beautifully,Hun gorgeous detail hugs Cheryl xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Adorable card Emma - brilliant colouring and I love the image. I too have been trying to resist purchasing one of these images, because once I start I shall want them all!

Enjoy what is left of Easter.

Dionne xx

Christine L said...

Ohhhhhh wowwwww!!! STUNNING colouring hon... and I love how you've put this card together, your choice of papers is just perfect for that image, as is your layout!!

And believe me, you'll be going back and back to Krista's store.... take if from me who knows!! LOL!

Hugs
Christine x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Oh how funny, I've only recently come across Krista's amazing images and have been and bought some this week too! They are just stunning and a joy to colour I agree. Yours is fab, love the colours you've chosen. Zo xx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Love, love, LOVE HER!
This is gorgeous,
Hugs Chris x